The upstream oil and gas industry’s one-stop resource for standards and best practices.
Energistics members span the global oil and gas industry, coming together to develop open data exchange standards and best practices employing a proven standards development process.
This standards portfolio is organized by domains, corresponding to the life cycle of an asset as identified in our E&P Business Process Reference Model. The portfolio contains Energistics-sponsored standards such as the most popular WITSML, PRODML, and RESQML, information about special interest groups (SIGs) and references and links to related industry standards
This is also the place to learn about Energistics Standards Development Process and how the E&P Business Process Reference Model informs our work.
Process and business model lead to
Working together to find solutions
Industry Standards Directory
- Web Services Interoperability Standards
- ChemicalUsageML Standards
- Recommended Practices for Core Analysis, February 1998 (RP40) (PDF)
- Practical Well Log Standards (update under development)
- Recommended Practices for Exploration and Production Data Digital Interchange (RP66v2, HTML) – Formerly API RP66
- Recommended Practices for Exploration and Production Data Digital Interchange (RP66v1, HTML) – Formerly API RP66
- Energistics RP66 Organization Codes
- Log Information Standard (LIS-79) (PDF)
- WellLogML (deprecated – see WITSML Log data object)
- Standard Legend for Lithology (1995, donated by Shell)