Common Technical Architecture
All Energistics data transfer standards released in 2016 and thereafter are now built on a Common Technical Architecture (CTA) that allows for cross-functional workflows combining any or all of the standards.
CTA is a set of shared technology that provides a common foundation for the Energistics family of standards (WITSML, PRODML and RESQML), better harmonizing those standards and making them easier to implement.
All of the XML schemas now comply with the design patterns of the CTA, and all use the Common elements shared across PRODML, WITSML and RESQML (for example, units of measure).
Units of Measure (UOM)
Version 1.0 of the Energistics Unit of Measure Dictionary is intended to cover the needs of the oil & gas industry and as such is not an exhaustive list of all units of measure in existence. There are many units used in the medical, culinary, agricultural and other fields which are not relevant and so are not included.
The units in the standard are intended to be those used by the industry or which reasonably would be expected to be encountered.
Energy Industry Profile Standard (EIP)
The goals of the EIP are to:
- Realize metadata standards and guidelines which enable stakeholders in the energy industry (“the community”) to effectively and efficiently discover, evaluate and retrieve a diversity of information resources from widely distributed repositories and collections.
- Support both proprietary data management needs and exchange of data between and within organizations.
- Leverage existing standards to encourage adoption within the community and integration into the business and exploit existing organizational resources needed for governance and long-term maintenance.
Why Choose Us
- 110 members back our standards and ensure that they fit the industry’s needs.
- Data Transfer standards are critical to a successful Digital Transformation of the industry.
- Our use of XML allows us to leverage the schemas for self-validation, and the handling of attributes is supportive of metadata.
- Our Quality Assurance metadata ensures that users have a clear understanding of the trustworthiness of the data they access.